California Privacy Rights
- Shine the Light
California’s “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to ask for and receive from us once a calendar year, without charge, information about their personal information, if any, that we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, if at all. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and want to make such a request, please submit your request to email@example.com.
Please note that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. Please be informed that we are only required to respond to one consumer request in each calendar year.
GIHS does not sell any of your personal information to third parties for their use in direct marketing, advertising, or promotion of their products or services.
- “Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set if they do not want web services to collect information about their online activity. However, there is currently no universal standard for sending and receiving DNT signals. Due to this lack of universal standard, it would be impossible for us to promise that we comply with all known and unknown DNT standards. As such, presently, we do not respond to DNT signals or browser settings.
- California Consumer Privacy Act
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CCPA”), as a California resident, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know. The right to know what personal information GIHS has collected about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information, the categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information the business has collected about you.
- Right to Delete. The right to delete personal information that GIHS has collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Correct. The right to correct any inaccurate personal information that GIHS maintains about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt-Out. The right to opt-out of the sale and/or sharing of your personal information to third parties.
GIHS does not sell your personal information to any third party.
GIHS does not share your personal information to any third party, based on the CCPA’s definition of “share.”
- Right to Limit Use or Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. The right to limit our use or disclosure of your sensitive personal information.
GIHS does not use or disclose your sensitive personal information for purposes other than those permitted by the CCPA and its Regulations.
- Right to non-discrimination. The right not to be discriminated by GIHS, should you exercise any of the above rights.
GIHS will not discriminate against you for exercising any rights you have under the CCPA.
How do you exercise your rights under the CCPA?
If you are a California resident, you or your authorized agent may submit a request us as follows: (i) calling us at the following toll free number: 1-888-453-6489 or (ii) sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we process your CCPA request?
Once we receive your request, we will need to verify your identity before we can process your request. This information needed for verification may include your name, contact information, and information related to your relationship with GIHS. Please note that the specific information requested may differ depending on the nature of your request, in order to protect your privacy and for your security.
If you use an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, we may require the authorized agent to provide written proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit the request. We may also require you to either (1) verify your own identity directly with us or (2) directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days or 90 days total from the date we receive your request), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our response to you in writing. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request
Under California law, we are only required to respond to such request from the same individual no more than twice in a 12-month period.
From time to time, GIHS may update this California Privacy Rights page. We encourage you to review this California Privacy Rights page periodically so that you are informed of your current rights. By continuing to use any of the GIHS’ Online Services, products, and services after we post a newly updated California Privacy Rights page on the Website, you consent to any changes we make to this California Privacy Rights.
If you have questions regarding any of GIHS’ privacy practices, your personal information or how to access this California Privacy Rights page in an alternative format, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 1-888-453-6489.