Often when life feels chaotic and unpredictable, we tend to neglect our own personal well being. Self-care is crucial for maintaining a healthy lifestyle and we are better equipped to handle life’s stress when we are feeling our best physically, mentally and emotionally. Read on for 7 easy ways to practice wellness daily that will enhance your life and help you function as the best version of yourself.
- Morning Meditation: Starting the morning with meditation helps to cultivate clarity and peace of mind before taking on the day. Over time, meditation can help change your perspective and allow you to feel more confident and positive about the day ahead.
- Aromatherapy Shower: Turn your shower into a rejuvenating aromatherapy steam experience. Before turning on the water, place a few drops of your favorite essential oil on the drain or wall of your shower and savor the soothing scents and healing benefits of aromatherapy. We recommend eucalyptus!
- Pamper Your Skin: Face masks are the perfect opportunity to take 15 minutes out of your day to feel pampered and achieve glowing skin. Enjoy a face mask while you’re watching TV, listening to music, or simply closing your eyes and experiencing a moment of mindfulness. However you choose to enjoy a face mask, your skin will thank you!
- Manifest a Mantra: Reflect on your goals, beliefs, what is important to you, and brainstorm a word or phrase that resonates with your heart and mind. Use your new mantra to feel strong, empowered, and at peace when you need it the most. Your mantra can lift your spirits dramatically the more you read or repeat it. Try reciting your mantra while meditating to truly focus your thoughts and bring you into a deeper state of awareness.
- Embrace the Sunshine: Go outside for at least 15 minutes and let the sun increase the brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is associated with boosting mood, reducing stress, and helping a person feel calm and focused. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
- Create Something New: The act of being creative or artistic can help you feel more enthusiastic and give you a sense of achievement. Try drawing, painting, playing an instrument, crafting, writing, or trying out a new recipe. Be proud of your creation, no matter the results!
- Take a Relaxing Bath: Instead of hopping in a quick shower, take the time to soak in the warm and soothing water of a bath. For added relaxation, bring in candles, calming music, bubbles, and a cup of tea to create the perfect escape.
At Glen Ivy, we encourage you to practice self-care and wellness year round, both when you’re at the spa and at home. When you’re ready to join us for an outdoor escape, the healing mineral waters of Glen Ivy are here waiting for you!