- The Glen Ivy ExperienceThe Glen Ivy Experience
- Plan Your DayPlan Your Day
Feeling frustrated about detoxing in the New Year? Make this the year that you follow through and reach your wellness goals. There’s never a right time to start, but we can help you kick it off this February with some simple tips!
1. Eat Right: You always hear about eating right, and this is especially important when you’re trying to detox. Unprocessed, organic, and whole foods are the best way to go. Think more leafy greens and less processed sugars! Aim to cut out unhealthy habits for a healthy metabolism, this in turn with help balance the immune system.
2. Take Time For You: People pleasing can be exhausting, take a step back and think about what matters to YOU! Spending time alone doing what makes you happy allows you to reboot your brain and truly unwind. Whether you let yourself take some moments alone to meditate regularly or focus on a hobby that makes you happy the ultimate outcome is enhancing your quality of life!
3. Sweat It Out: It’s no surprise that sweating through exercise detoxifies the body. Sweating can flush the body of substances such as alcohol and salt. Sweat also does wonders for your skin, purging your body of toxins that can clog pores. The saunas at Glen Ivy also offer an amazing place to sweat it out. Sweating in a sauna can help remove toxic agents from the body such as lactic acid and uric acid that accumulate in the body. Circulation is also increased which improves blood oxygenation.